Price match guarantee, call 1.888.742.3214 for details or See here
MIL-STD-1553 Training Course with Intensive Hands-on Labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live
The MIL-STD-1553 data bus is presently used in many advanced military programs and is also used to update systems in older programs. The applications are expanding rapidly requiring more trained engineers to deal effectively with the technology. The MIL-STD-1553 Training Workshop presents a thorough discussion of MIL-STD-1553 theory, application and testing.
Problem areas in the standard are clarified and available options are examined. Two lab sessions illustrate the material being taught by providing students with “hands-on” experience in identifying 1553 communication and troubleshooting remote terminal problems. The 3 day format provides more time for the students to assimilate the material and allows time in the afternoons for other responsibilities.
Our instructor, has over thirty years of experience in the design and development of multiplex equipment for data bus applications. In the Seminar, Mr. Biden uses a well-rounded approach of lecture, lab sessions, visuals, notes, question and answer, and samples from 1553 manufacturers to communicate concepts in a clear and dynamic manner. He provides personal assistance during the lab sessions. The 1553 Seminar notebook contains over 130 pages of class notes, MIL-STD-1553 and information on 1553 testing. Vendor literature on 1553 related products is also made available.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training course:
- Managers, hardware and software engineers, applications developers, integrators, testers, analysts, cybersecurity professionals and anyone else involved in designing, developing, managing, testing or integrating MIL-STD-1553 applications and systems.
Upon completing this MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand MIL-STD-1553 protocol, architecture and functional characteristics
- Explain the architecture of MIL-STD-1553
- Sketch the logical and physical architecture of MIL-STD-1553
- Describe MIL-STD-1553 mechanical, electrical and functional characteristics
- Explain technical components, design, operations and, testing aspects of MIL-STD-1553
- Describe the key cyber security concepts in MIL-STD-1553
- List the requirements and capabilities of MIL-STD-1553 security
- Explore vulnerabilities and weaknesses of MIL-STD-1553 applied to aircraft and weapons
MIL-STD-1553 Training – Course Syllabus:
Introduction to Multiplexing & MIL-STD-1553
- Integration and multiplexing, evolution and history of MIL-STD-1553, applications of MIL-STD-1553, overview of MIL-STD-1553.
MIL-STD-1553: Definitions, Encoding & Formats
- Definitions of basic 1553 terms, data bus operation, data encoding, word sync, word formats, message formats, intermessage gap, response time.
AFTERNOON LAB SESSION 1 ( 1 hour )*
Decoding Manchester encoded words and identifying message formats.
- Command word, mode codes, mode command formats, data word, status word, message error bit.
MIL-STD-1553: Terminal Operation
- Common operation, Bus Controller operation, Remote Terminal operation, Bus Monitor operation.
MIL-STD-1553: Hardware Characteristics
- Data bus cable, data bus coupling, terminal input/output characteristics, redundant data bus requirements.
- Terminal design-functional elements, Bus Controller/Remote Terminal/Bus Monitor requirements, data bus network considerations, overview of available vendor products.
AFTERNOON LAB SESSION 2 ( 1 hour )*
Practice in troubleshooting Remote Terminal problems.
- Data bus topology (single & multiple levels), data bus control, partitioning & redundancy, bus loading.
- Bus Controller/Remote Terminal/Bus Monitor S/W, data transfer, data grouping, system control & requirements, errors & failures, message headers, message sequences, synchronous message timing.
Philosophy of Testing & Phases of Testing
- Evaluation of testing, development tests, design verification, production tests, system tests, field testing, system self-test.
- Electrical interface, noise rejection, Remote Terminal protocol, Bus Controllers, Bus Monitors, system.
Test Equipment: Requirements & Overview
- Test equipment functional requirements, common interface requirements, Remote Terminal tester, Bus Controller tester, Bus Monitor, bus activity simulator, overview of available test equipment.
* The class will be divided into groups. Each group will have a 1 hour Lab Session in the afternoon.
Group 1: 12 noon to 1 pm; Group 2: 1 pm to 2 pm; Group 3: 2 pm to 3 pm; Group 4 (if required): 3 pm to 4 pm.
For Government/Corporate purchases, please complete and submit this form