Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969) course with Hands-on Labs – SA Voucher: 5
This Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969) course covers administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, managing and protecting data access and information, simplifying deployment and management of identity infrastructure, and providing more secure access to data.
With Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training, students will also learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Work Place Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services (RMS), Federation Services and how to integrate an on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory.
Duration: 5 days
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 Training (M20740)
- Networking with Windows Server 2016 Training (M20741)
- Identity with Windows Server 2016 Training (M20742)
- Securing Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20744)
- Implementing a Software-Defined Datacenter (MOC 20745)
- Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969)
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training (M20410)
- Administering Windows Server 2012 Training (M20411)
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure 2012 Training (M20413)
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training course:
• IT Professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking to for a single course that will develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information • • Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• AD DS Administrators who are looking to develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• System or Infrastructure Administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active directory knowledge.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training course are as follows:
• Experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
• Experience working in a Windows Server Infrastructure enterprise environment
• Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Experience working with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts
• An awareness and understanding of general security best practices
• Experience working hands on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
Upon completing this Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
• Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
• Secure AD DS deployment.
• Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
• Implement and manage Group Policy
• Manage user settings with Group Policy
• Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
• Implement, deploy and manage certificates.
• Implement and manage AD RMS.
• Implement and administer AD FS.
• Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
• Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
• Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
• Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Overview of Access and Information Protection
Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
FIM 2010 R2
Module 2: Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DS
Deploying AD DS
Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
Administering AD DS
Module 3: Securing AD DS
Securing Domain Controllers
Implementing Account Security
Implementing Audit Authentication
Module 4: Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
Overview of AD DS Replication
Configuring AD DS Sites
Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
Introducing Group Policy
Implementing and Administering GPOs
Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Module 6: Managing User Settings with Group Policy
Implementing Administrative Templates
Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
Configuring Group Policy Preferences
Module 7: Deploying and Managing AD CS
Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
Module 8: Deploying and Managing Certificates
Using Certificates in a Business Environment
Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation, and Recovery
Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
Module 9: Implementing and Administering AD RMS
Overview of AD RMS
Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module 10: Implementing and Administering AD FS
Overview of AD FS
Deploying AD FS
Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
Extending AD FS to External Clients
Module 11: Implementing Secure Shared File Access
Overview of Dynamic Access Control
Implementing DAC Components
Implementing DAC for Access Control
Implementing Access Denied Assistance
Implementing and Managing Work Folders
Implementing Workplace Join
Module 12: Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DS
Monitoring AD DS
Managing the AD DS Database
AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
Module 13: Implementing Windows Azure Active Directory
Overview of Windows Azure AD
Managing Windows Azure AD Accounts
Module 14: Implementing and Administering AD LDS
Overview of AD LDS
Deploying AD LDS
Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
Configuring AD LDS Replication
Integrating AD LDS with AD DS
Active Directory Services with Windows Server 2012 Training (M10969) – Labs
Choosing an Appropriate Access and Information Protection Management Solution
Deploying and Administering AD DS
Securing AD DS
Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
Implementing and Troubleshooting a Group Policy Infrastructure
Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
Deploying and Configuring a Two-Tier CA Hierarchy
Deploying and Using Certificates
Implementing an AD RMS Infrastructure
Implementing AD FS
Implementing Secure File Access
Monitoring AD DS
Implementing Windows Azure AD
Implementing and Administering AD LDS
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information