Arista Configuration Essentials Training (ACE) with real world hands-on labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
This Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) course will familiarize students with the background and history of UNIX/Linux systems, dive into how a Linux system runs and show how to interact with it proficiently. Students will leave the Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) class with a base level of knowledge around the available tools and techniques that lead to Linux proficiency, allowing them to build further.
Linux is everywhere today, from embedded systems and handhelds to servers, workstations and appliances. As the scale of computing grows and the scale of Linux deployments grows with it, IT professionals need to keep up with the pace of that growth. Arista’s switch technology is a combination of advanced hardware and software, at the center of which is the Extensible Operating System, designed and built around a core of Linux.
Written and taught by Adam Levin, a seasoned trainer at Arista Networks, this Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) class will give students just the edge they need in the modern world of network automation.
Duration: 2 days
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Arista Linux Essentials (ALE) course:
- Anyone new to Linux/UNIX, or with only a basic beginner understanding of Linux, will gain knowledge and skills to make students more effective Linux admins, and therefore more effective Arista network admins. This course will get students familiar with the background and history of UNIX/Linux systems and dive into how a Linux system runs and how to interact with it proficiently. It’s not possible to cover everything Linux in two days, but the students will leave the class with a base level of knowledge around the available tools and techniques that lead to Linux proficiency and how to build on that base.
Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Arista Linux Essentials (ALE) course are as follows:
- Students will need a computer capable of allowing you to SSH to another system. That’s it. A basic knowledge of any programming language is helpful, as is any basic prior experience with Linux or UNIX from a user perspective.
Arista Linux Essentials Training (ALE) – Course Syllabus:
- UNIX and Linux History
- Linux Distributions
- Getting Help
- The Linux Boot Process
- Run Levels and Startup Files
- Logging in, Shells, SSH
- User Management and Administrative Access
- The Linux Filesystem Types and Hierarchy
- Navigating the Filesystem
- Managing Files
- I/O, Pipes and Redirection
- Job Control and Scheduling
- System Monitoring
- Basic Shell Programming in bash, sed and awk
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information