Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) with real world hands-on labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
Everyone in networking should learn to program, but they don’t necessarily need to be a developer. This Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) course is designed to get networking people up to speed on Python, with a focus on Arista’s eAPI, so that they can write useful automation scripts in a short period of time.
This is an intensive Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) course that aims to get students writing Python code in order to use eAPI to automate Arista switches. Code that they can actually use in the real world. The Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) class is filled with hands-on labs writing scripts that the students will be able to take home with them. This is not a “go to college to learn everything about Python so I can be a developer” class. This is a “Give me a twoday cram-session so that I can write some scripts for my Arista switches” class.
Written and taught by Gary A. Donahue (author of Network Warrior and Arista Warrior as well as Lead Trainer at Arista), this class will give you just the edge you need in the modern world of network automation.
Duration: 2 days
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Arista Programming Essentials (APE) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Arista Programming Essentials (APE) course:
- Network engineers, network operators, and network administrators who are interested in understanding the programming behind Arista switches.
Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Arista Programming Essentials (APE) course are as follows:
A basic knowledge of programming in any language (yes, even BASIC) is required, no matter how long ago you learned it. As a test, students must understand the following question:
Q. Given the following statement, in almost any programming language, what will be the value of the variable b? a = b = c = ‘Arista’
A. The answer is ‘Arista’ because statements are evaluated from right to left, so the following is what happens:
- c is assigned the value ‘Arista’ (A literal string)
- b is assigned the value contained in c (‘Arista’)
- a is assigned the value contained in b (‘Arista’)
This simple flow of logic is not covered in the class because it is a basic programming concept. If this seems confusing, you may be better served taking an introduction to programming class before attempting this class.
Arista Programming Essentials Training (APE) – Course Syllabus:
- Python Overview
- Data Types
- User Input and Time
- Pretty Python
- Program Flow
- Functions, Modules, and Packages
- File I/O
- Exception Handling
- Miscellaneous Topics
- Example Screen Scraping
- Understanding eAPI
- Using eAPI
RPM and SWIX
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information