Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course with Hands-on Labs – SA Voucher: 5
This five-day, hands-on Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course will teach you to use Windows PowerShell 4.0 for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers.
This course covers Windows PowerShell command-line features and techniques, prerequisite skills supporting many different Microsoft products (Windows Server, Windows Client, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, System Center), and how to execute and monitor scripts more efficiently through more robust session connectivity, workflow capabilities, improved job scheduling, and Windows PowerShell Web Access.
You will also learn Windows PowerShell with greater ease through improved cmdlet discovery and simplified, consistent syntax across all cmdlets and how to write Windows PowerShell scripts quicker and more intuitively through the new Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) that enables script sharing, which connects IT pros to a larger Windows PowerShell user community.
Duration: 5 days
- Azure Administrator, Deployment Training (AZ100)
- Azure Administrator, Integration and Security Training (AZ101)
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 Training (M20740)
- Networking with Windows Server 2016 Training (M20741)
- Identity with Windows Server 2016 Training (M20742)
- Securing Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20744)
- Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell (10961)
- Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell (10962)
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course:
• IT Professionals experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration
• IT Professionals experienced in administering and supporting Application servers and services including Exchange, SharePoint, SQL
• Students who want to use Windows PowerShell to automate administrative tasks from the command line, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor (ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course are as follows:
• Previous Windows Server and Windows Client management knowledge and hands on experience.
• Experience Installing and Configuring Windows Server into existing enterprise environments, or as standalone installations.
• Knowledge and experience of network adapter configuration, basic Active Directory user administration, and basic disk configuration.
• Knowledge and hands on experience specifically with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 would be of benefit but is not essential.
Upon completing this Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training (10961) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Understand the basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell
• Work with the Pipeline
• Understand How the Pipeline Works
• Use PS Providers and PSDrives
• Format Output
• Use Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Common Information Model (CIM)
• Prepare for Scripting
• Moving From a Command to a Script to a Module
• Administer Remote Computers
• Put the various Windows PowerShell components together
• Use Background Jobs and Scheduled Jobs
• Use Advanced PowerShell Techniques and Profiles
Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Getting Started with Windows PowerShell
Overview and background
Find and run commands
Module 2: Working with the Pipeline
Export, import and conver data
Filter objects out of the Pipeline
Enumerate objects in the Pipeline
Module 3: Understanding how the Pipeline works
Pass data to the Pipline:
Module 4: Using PSProviders and PSDrives
PSProviders and PSDrives
Module 5: Formatting Output
Redirect formatted output
Module 6: Using WMI and CIM
Overview of WMI/CIM
Module 7: Prepare for Scripting
Working with Alternate Credentials
Module 8: Moving From a Command to a Script to a Module
Migration from command to script
Move from script to function to module
Implement basic error handling
Basic scripting constructs
Module 9: Administering Remote Computers
Use remoting for delegated administration
Module 10: Plan the Script and Putting it All Together
Module 11: Using Background Jobs and Scheduled Jobs
Module 12: Using Advanced PowerShell Techniques and Profiles
Advanced PowerShell techniques
Create Profile Scripts
Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell Training – Labs
Configuring Windows PowerShell
Finding and Running Basic Commands
Working with the Pipeline
Exporting, Importing and Converting Data
Filtering Objects Out of the Pipeline
Enumerate Objects in the Pipeline
Working with Pipeline Parameter Binding
PS Providers and PSDrives
Working with WMI and CIM
Working with Security in PowerShell
Moving From Command to Script
Moving From Script to Function to Module
Implementing Basic Error Handling
Adding Logic to a Script
Working with Remoting
Working with PSSessions
Remoting for Delegated Administration
Configuring a New Server Core Installation
Working with Background Jobs
Working with Scheduled Jobs
Practicing Advanced Techniques
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information