Blockchain Architecture Training Course with Hands-on Exercises (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
This Blockchain Architecture Training course reviews the Blockchain architectural and technical topics that must be considered before launching a Blockchain development program. There are many decisions and issues that face the technical project team and this class will enable participants to make those decisions.
Duration: 3 days
- Blockchain on IBM Z Training
- IoT and Blockchain Training
- Blockchain Ethereum Training: Hands-on Development Boot Camp
- Blockchain Hyperledger Training: Developing on Hyperledger Fabric
- Blockchain Security Training
- Blockchain Training: An Overview for Business Professionals
- Blockchain Fundamentals + Applications Training
- R3 Corda Blockchain Training: CorDapps Development Training
- If you are familiar with some aspects of Blockchain Architecture Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Blockchain Architecture Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Blockchain Architecture Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Blockchain Architecture Training course is defined here:
- Architects and Technical leaders Leaders who make technical decisions about their architecture, environments, and development platforms.
Blockchain Architecture Training – Prerequisites:
This Blockchain Architecture Training course is highly technical and requires students to be comfortable with coding. To prepare for the class you must:
- Provide your own computer (Mac/PC/Linux)
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Hyperledger, Ethereum, or Blockchain Architecture
Blockchain Architecture Training – Objectives:
Upon completing this Blockchain Architecture Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What is Blockchain
- How does Blockchain work
- Types of Blockchains
- How is Blockchain different from what we have today
- What are use cases for Blockchain
- What does a Blockchain app look like
- How do I design a Blockchain app
- How do I develop a Blockchain app
- How do I test a Blockchain app
Blockchain Architecture Training – Course Syllabus:
What is Blockchain?
- Blockchain Basic Principles
- Centralized and Decentralized Ledgers
- Mechanics of Blockchain
- What is a Block?
- How are Blocks Chained Together?
How Does Blockchain Work?
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Blockchain
- Public Key Cryptography
- Cryptographic Hashing
- Blockchain Consensus
- Proof of Work Consensus
- Proof of Stake Consensus
- Other Consensus Mechanisms Explained
- Lifecycle of a Public Blockchain Transaction
Types of Blockchains
- Public vs Private Blockchains
- Open vs Closed Blockchains
- Open Source Blockchain Projects
- Blockchain Smart Contracts
- Tokens and Coins
- Using Gas in Ethereum
- “Blockless” Solution Platforms
How is Blockchain Different Than What We Have Today?
- Types of Networks
- Centralized Networks
- Distributed Networks
- Decentralized Networks
- Software vs Firmware
- Blockchain vs Database
What Does a Blockchain Application Look Like?
- Blockchain Application Architecture
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- User Interaction Layer
- Middle/Interface Layer
- Smart Contracts/Chaincode
How Do I Design a Blockchain Application?
- Guiding Design Principles
- Personas (User Types)
- User Stories (Application Interaction)
- Application Functional Requirements
- Application Technical Requirements
- Design Tasks
- Fundamental Design Questions
How Do I Develop a Blockchain Application?
- Fundamental Design Concepts
- Calling External Contracts
- Error Handling
- Pull vs Push Payments
- On-Chain Data
- Local Testing Recommendations
- Not Using Agile Development Process
- Technology Design Decisions
- Monolithic vs Modular
- Complexity Models
How Do I test a Blockchain Application?
- Blockchain Testing Approaches
- Unit Testing
- Developer Level Testing
- Configuration & Environment Testing
- Load/Performance Testing
- Volume/Stress Testing
- Regression Testing
- Application Bug Classifications
- User Load Testing
- Key Blockchain Architecture Testing Questions
Use Cases for Blockchain
- Real world implementations of Blockchain
Michael McCarthy is an Instructor at Harvard Extension School teaching Blockchain Innovation as well as a Blockchain consultant. Michael’s blockchain clients span the globe from the U.S. to China. He has used Blockchain for clients to enhance supply chain movement of goods from Pakistan to Europe. Michael has helped Chinese clients create an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) to pay US Instructors teaching Chinese students online through an education portal while staying compliant with Chinese asset transfer laws.
Currently, Michael is creating a biometric ID system with MIT to help refugees leave refugee camps faster by bringing their verified credentials to the blockchain. As a serial entrepreneur with 6 companies in his portfolio Michael enjoys variety and crossing technology solutions across industries to add value quickly and efficiently.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information