Blockchain Fundamentals Training Course with Hands-on Exercises (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
This three-day Blockchain Fundamentals + Applications Training course provides an overview of blockchain design and highlights how it can be used in industry with real time application.
The Blockchain Fundamentals + Applications Training course provides a solid understanding of blockchain and discusses in-depth appropriate and legitimate uses of blockchain, when blockchain is not appropriate, as well as how to apply smart contracts and tokens into an application.
Experiential exercises and use cases are provided to help understand each component of blockchain individually. The instructor then shows how blockchain can be used for participants’ own use cases. The course also reviews how current real time applications of blockchain can be applied to other industry uses. The Blockchain Fundamentals Training course is valuable to engineers and scientists who have heard about blockchain and are curious about what it is and can they use it to benefit their work.
If you are entering the field or a seasoned individual wanting to stay abreast of new and emerging trends and want to stay current or be a leader in bringing blockchain to your field this Blockchain Fundamentals Training course will add value to your knowledge base. A comprehensive set of notes and references will be provided to all attendees. Students will also receive spreadsheet analysis tools that they can use to quickly assess the appropriateness of incorporating blockchain on to a project
Duration: 3 days
- Blockchain Architecture Training
- Blockchain on IBM Z Training
- IoT and Blockchain Training
- Blockchain Ethereum Training: Hands-on Development Boot Camp
- Blockchain Hyperledger Training: Developing on Hyperledger Fabric
- Blockchain Security Training
- Blockchain Training: An Overview for Business Professionals
- R3 Corda Blockchain Training: CorDapps Development Training
- If you are familiar with some aspects of Blockchain Fundamentals + Applications Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Blockchain Fundamentals + Applications Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Blockchain Fundamentals + Applications Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Blockchain Fundamentals Training – Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Blockchain Fundamentals Training course is defined here:
- For programmers and developers.
Blockchain Fundamentals Training – Objectives:
Upon completing this Blockchain Fundamentals Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What is Blockchain and how it applies to your industry.
- Fundamentals of blockchain design.
- How to use smart contracts and tokens.
- How to assess if you have an appropriate and legitimate need for blockchain on a project.
- How to take a current project and apply it to the blockchain
Blockchain Fundamentals Training – Course Syllabus:
- Blockchain Fundamentals. Learn how this general purpose technology changes multiple industries by reducing friction and inefficiencies through verification and immutability of data. Security and cryptography as well has hashing and nonces will be discussed. Decentralized, peer-to-peer collaboration, continuous audit, reduced need for trust will be discussed.
- Smart Contracts. Self executing contracts using a series of if-then statements. Explore use cases, legal implications and how smart contracts remove trust from the equation and have non-commerce application.
- Utility Tokens. ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin can be used as units of value (tokens) that provide a function (utility). Explore how a digital currency is turned into a utility token provides value to participants and clients on a science based project.
- Hyperledger Project & Ethereum. Illustrations of various types of blockchains with their features and benefits. Advantages, disadvantages and use cases will be examined.
- Create a Blockchain Creation. Using your new found knowledge you will take a project of your choice (real or hypothetical) and convert it to a blockchain project. Class time will be allocated to independent or group brainstorming to achieve maximum design efficiency.
Michael McCarthy is an Instructor at Harvard Extension School teaching Blockchain Innovation as well as a Blockchain consultant. Michael’s blockchain clients span the globe from the U.S. to China. He has used Blockchain for clients to enhance supply chain movement of goods from Pakistan to Europe. Michael has helped Chinese clients create an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) to pay US Instructors teaching Chinese students online through an education portal while staying compliant with Chinese asset transfer laws.
Currently, Michael is creating a biometric ID system with MIT to help refugees leave refugee camps faster by bringing their verified credentials to the blockchain. As a serial entrepreneur with 6 companies in his portfolio Michael enjoys variety and crossing technology solutions across industries to add value quickly and efficiently.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information