Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) Workshop Course with hands-on lab Exercises – Duration: 5 Days (Instructor-led Online/Classroom Live)
ACCREDITATIONS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Mapped to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- Approved on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
This Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training course/certification has been validated by the NSA for: CNSSI-4013, National Information Assurance Training Standard for System Administrators.
CPTE’s foundation is built firmly upon proven hands-on Penetration Testing methodologies as utilized by our international group of vulnerability consultants. ENO Institute trainers keep abreast of their expertise by practicing what they teach; we believe that an equal emphasis on theoretical and real world experience is essential for effective knowledge transfer to you, the student.
The CPTE presents information based on the 5 Key Elements of Pen Testing; Information Gathering, Scanning, Enumeration, Exploitation and Reporting. The latest vulnerabilities will be discovered using these tried and true techniques. This course also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls appropriate to the business needs in order to reduce business risk.
We go far beyond simply teaching you to “Hack” – be prepared to learn penetration testing using advanced persistent threat techniques along with the highest level ethical hacking methodologies. This Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) Workshop is based on current principles and methods used by malicious hackers. Learn to ‘hack’…live to protect.
- The Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training exam is taken online through Mile2 Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your Mile2 account. The Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from ENO Institute.
- Student Workbook
- Student Prep Guide
- CPEs: 40
Registration in this 5-day Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) class includes the Course Kit, Cyber Range access labs during the class and a course completion certificate.
- Certified Digital Forensics Examiner Training (CDFE)
- Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer Training (CDRE)
- Certified Incident Handling Engineer Training (CIHE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training (CISSO)
- Certified Network Forensics Examiner Training (CNFE)
- Certified Penetration Testing Consultant Training (CPTC)
- If you are familiar with some aspects of Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE), we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) Workshop – Audience/Target Group:
The target audience for this Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) course:
- Pen Testers
- Ethical Hackers
- Network Auditors
- Cyber Security professionals
- Vulnerability Assessors
- Cyber Security Managers
- IS Managers
Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) Workshop – Course Prerequisites:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) course are:
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Network+, Microsoft, Security+
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) – Objectives:
After completing this Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) course, students will be able to:
- Upon proper completion of the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) Workshop students will be able to confidently sit for the CPTE certification exam. Students will enjoy an in-depth course that is frequently updated to maintain and incorporate changes in the cyber security environment. This Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) course offers up-to-date proprietary labs that have been researched and developed by leading cyber security professionals from around the world.
Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) – Course Syllabus
Module 1 – Business & Technical Logistics of Pen Testing
Module 2 – Information Gathering Reconnaissance – Passive (External Only)
Module 3 – Detecting Live Systems – Reconnaissance (Active)
Module 4 – Banner Grabbing and Enumeration
Module 5 – Automated Vulnerability Assessment
Module 6 – Hacking Operating Systems
Module 7 – Advanced Assessment and Exploitation Techniques
Module 8 – Evasion Techniques
Module 9 – Hacking with PowerShell
Module 10 – Networks and Sniffing
Module 11 – Accessing and Hacking Web Techniques
Module 12 – Mobile and IoT Hacking
Module 13 – Report Writing Basics
Appendix: Linux Fundamentals
Lab 1 – Introduction to Pen Testing Setup
Lab 2 – Linux Fundamentals
Lab 3 – Using Tools For Reporting
Lab 4 – Information Gathering
Lab 5 – Detecting Live Systems – Scanning Techniques
Lab 6 – Enumeration
Lab 7 – Vulnerability Assessments
Lab 8 – Software Goes Undercover
Lab 9 – System Hacking – Windows
Lab 10 – System Hacking – Linux/Unix Hacking
Lab 11 – Advanced Vulnerability and Exploitation Techniques
Lab 12 – Network Sniffing/IDS
Lab 13 – Attacking Databases
Lab 14 – Attacking Web Applications
Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE) Workshop course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information