Designing the FlexPod Solution Training Course with Hands-on labs – (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
NetApp Training Units: 24 NTU
Please Note: This course is designed for Partners or anyone who needs to create a FlexPod solution. If you already have a FlexPod system, you do not need this course.
This 2-day, instructor led Designing the FlexPod Solution Training course shows you how to evaluate the FlexPod solution design process in regard to the contemporary data center challenges. The course follows a standard design methodology that is used to create FlexPod designs.
FlexPod architectures, components, design principles, use cases and preconfigured solutions are examined. Using NetApp and Cisco tools, learners create FlexPod designs that correlate to real-world environments.
Duration: 2 days
- If you are familiar with some aspects of Designing the FlexPod Solution Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Designing the FlexPod Solution Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Designing the FlexPod Solution Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Designing the FlexPod Solution course is defined here:
- NetApp, Cisco or NetApp partner professional services
If you already have a working FlexPod system, then you do not need this course.
Designing the FlexPod Solution Training – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Designing the FlexPod Solution course are:
- Technical Overview of FlexPod Solutions
- Knowledge of NetApp hardware, software and cluster administration
- Knowledge of Cisco hardware, software and administration
Designing the FlexPod Solution Training – Objectives:
After completing this Designing the FlexPod Solution course, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the capabilities and benefits of the FlexPod solution
- Explain FlexPod data center architectures
- Identify the FlexPod design principles
- Describe FlexPod design methodology
- Identify the NetApp and Cisco sizing tools
- Describe FlexPod management, orchestration, and support options
- Describe solutions for common FlexPod designs
- Identify the hardware and software components that are used in common FlexPod designs
Designing the FlexPod Solution Training – Course Outline:
Module 1: FlexPod Solution Overview
- Changes and challenges to Data Management
- Introduction to FlexPod solutions
- FlexPod datacenter architectures
- FlexPod workloads
Module 2: Designing a FlexPod Solution
- FlexPod design principles
- Design methodology
- FlexPod sizing and design tools
Module 3: FlexPod Components
- Compute layer
- Network layer
- Storage layer
- FlexPod management
Module 4: Analysis of Validated FlexPod Designs
- FlexPod datacenter with vSphere 6.5U1 CVD
- FlexPod datacenter with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Linux VM on VMware and Hyper-V
- FlexPod Express with VMware vSphere 6.7U1 and NetApp AFF A220 with Direct-Attached IP-Based storage
- FlexPod datacenter with VMware Horizon View 7.3 and VMware vSphere 6.5 U1 with Cisco UCS Manager 3.2 for 5000 seats
- FlexPod datacenter with VMware 6.5 U1 and Cisco ACI 3.1
- VDI project planning and solution sizing questions
- Extracting customer requirements and challenges
- Select appropriate hardware based on workload variables
- Explore workloads and capacity with FlexPod components
- Select appropriate hardware based on workload variable
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information