DIACAP Training In Depth Course Description
ENO offers the most in-depth DIACAP Training course available for students needing to perform DoD Certification and Accrediation (C&A) duties under the DIACAP (Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process). DIACAP is the standard DoD process for identifying, implementing and validating Information Assurance controls for all DoD Information Systems.
This DIACAP Training In Depth course provides detailed, step-by-step information on how to manage the Information Assurance posture consistent with FISMA, the DODD 8500.1 and the DoDI 8500.2 standards. In the class, each DoDI 8500.2 IA control is covered in detail. This includes:
• Control Selection
• Verifying Control Implementation
• Preparation steps prior to Control Evaluation
• Validation using one or more accepted validation methods
The DIACAP Training courseware is designed such that it is appropriate for persons acting as the Validator Role, acting as a member of a Validation Team, or persons that undergo the Validation process as a System Owner.
Duration: 3 days
- Cybersecurity Foundations Training
- Fundamentals of Information Security Training
- RMF Procedures Overview Training (DoDI 8510.01)
- Introduction to Risk Management Framework | RMF Training
- Risk Management Framework for Federal Systems Training
- Risk Management Framework for DoD Security Controls Assessors Training (SCA)
- Risk Management Framework for Federal Security Controls Assessors Training
- Risk Management Framework for DoD & Intelligence Communities Information Technology Training
- Risk Management Framework Implementation training | RMF Implementation Training
• If you are familiar with some aspects of DIACAP Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the DIACAP Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the DIACAP Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
After completing this DIACAP Training course, attendees will be able to:
• Dealing with transitioning to DIACAP head on
• Cost effective security with minimal performance impact
• How to create organization-wide motivation for IT security
• Exposure to the C&A Process and types of risk assessments
• Awareness of strategies for controlling these efforts and gaining additional resources
• Preparing students to meet FISMA requirements while managing their IT systems more effectively, efficiently, and securely
DIACAP Training – Course Outline:
◾ Introduction and Logistics
◾ Course Scope
◾ Exercise – “Build a System”
◾ Quick Review of IA / C&A
◾ Introduction to DIACAP
◾ What Constitutes a System?
◾ The DIACAP Process (DoDI 8510.01)
◾ DIACAP Documentation
◾ Introduction to DoDI 8500.2
◾ Mission Assurance Category and Confidentiality Level
◾ Exercise – MAC & CL
◾ Baseline IA Controls (including implementation and validation)
◾ Exercise – IA Control Validation
◾ DITSCAP/DIACAP Comparison
◾ DITSCAP/DIACAP Transition
◾ DIACAP Knowledge Service
◾ Introduction to eMASS
◾ “Automated C&A” Tools
◾ Security Testing Tools
◾ Exercise – Security Testing Tools
◾ Exercise – DIACAP Application
◾ Course Summary
◾ Exercise – DIACAP “Jeopardy”
◾ Course Evaluation / Q&A
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information