Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – Hands-on (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live!)
Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training is designed for technical people with a wide variety of backgrounds who wish to enhance their understanding of Fiber-Optics or become familiar with the applications of FO. The various properties of Fibers of a wide variety of types will be discussed along with applications for which they can be used. Special emphasis will be put on using fibers for Laser Power Delivery, a subject not found in textbooks.
- 3 days of Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training with an expert instructor
- Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training Electronic Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Fiber Optics Technology & Applications – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- We can adapt this Fiber Optics Technology & Applications course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Fiber Optics Technology & Applications course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Fiber Optics Technology & Applications course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Fiber Optics Technology & Applications course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
- The intended audience for this course is hired and intermediate level engineers, technicians, logisticians, supervisors and managers in the area of networks and digital systems.
Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – Objectives:
Upon completing this Fiber Optics Technology & Applications course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What are the Emerging issues for the use of Fiber-Optic system in both military and commercial applications
- Future Opportunities in Fiber-Optics applications, and much more!)
- Overcoming Challenges in Fiber-Optic Systems (bandwidth expansion, real-time global connectivity, survivability & more)
- Measuring the Key Performance Tradeoffs (cost vs. size/weight vs. availability vs. power vs. transmission distance)
- Tools and Techniques for Meeting the Requirements of Data Rate, Availability, and transmitting high power beams without damage to the fiber or degradation of the light transmitted.
Fiber Optics Technology & Applications Training – Course Syllabus:
- Intro to FO, Fundamentals, Components, Communications Fiber Optic Communication Systems. Introduction to analog and digital fiber optic systems including terrestrial, undersea, CATV, gigabit Ethernet, RF antenna remoting, and plastic optical fiber data links.
- Types of Fibers, Properties of Fibers, Fiber Material, Structure, etc. Optics and Lightwave Fundamentals. Ray theory, numerical aperture, diffraction, electromagnetic waves, polarization, dispersion, Fresnel reflection, optical waveguides, birefringence, phase velocity, group velocity.
- Specialty Fibers, Cabling, Light Sources Optical Fibers. Step-index fibers, graded-index fibers, attenuation, optical modes, dispersion, non-linearity, fiber types, bending loss.
- Transmitters, Receivers, Amplification, Regeneration & Wavelength. Optical Transmitters. Introduction to semiconductor physics, FP, VCSEL, DFB lasers, direct modulation, linearity, RIN noise, dynamic range, temperature dependence, bias control, drive circuitry, threshold current, slope efficiency, chirp. Lasers, LEDS, Fiber Amplifiers, wavelength and technology options. Optical Receivers. Quantum properties of light, PN, PIN, APD, design, thermal noise, shot noise, sensitivity characteristics, BER, front end electronics, bandwidth limitations, linearity, quantum efficiency. Optical Amplifiers. EDFA, Raman, semiconductor, gain, noise, dynamics, power amplifier, pre- amplifier, line amplifier.
- Connector, Couplers, WDM Optical Cables and Connectors. Types, construction, fusion splicing, connector types, insertion loss, return loss, connector care. Passive Fiber Optic Components. Couplers, isolators, circulators, WDM filters, Add-Drop multiplexers, attenuators. Specification Sheets. Interpreting optical component spec. sheets – what makes the best design component for a given application.
- Switches, Modulators, Measurements, Troubleshooting Optical Modulators. Mach-Zehnder interferometer, Electro-optic modulator, electro-absorption modulator, linearity, bias control, insertion loss, polarization.
- Networking, Standards, System Design (briefly)
- Network design, Global Telecom, Regional and Metro (Briefly)
- Local Telephone/Access, Internet Networks, Video Transmission (Briefly)
- Mobile FO Comms, FO Sensors*, Imaging and Illumination (Briefly)
- Applications: Fiber-Optic Applications- Sensors (rotation “Fiber-Optic Gyroscopes”) Fiber-Optic Applications- Illumination & Material Processing (Beam Power through fibers) Fiber-Optic Applications- Bio-Medical
Fiber Optics Technology & Applications course Wrap-up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information