Intrusion Prevention Training:
Intrusion Prevention Training Course with real-world hands-on labs (Online, Onsite, and Classroom Live!)
The latest technology in information security is Intrusion Prevention. Rather than relying on human intervention to respond to an attack, Intrusion Prevention Systems automatically stops hackers, worms, and disgruntled employees before their attacks can complete. This all happens before they can cause damage, potentially saving your organization millions. In Intrusion Prevention: Stop Hackers Before They Start, you will learn how this groundbreaking IPS technology works, how to deploy it, and how to manage it efficiently and effectively.
As with any new automated technology, there are many perils to avoid when implementing it. Just as Intrusion Prevention Systems can prevent hackers and worms, they can easily be configured incorrectly which can block legitimate users from doing their jobs. The intrusion prevention training you receive in this system and network security course will enable you to deploy intrusion prevention systems safely.
The Intrusion Prevention training offered covers all areas of intrusion prevention. Host Intrusion Prevention and Network Intrusion Prevention are covered in great detail. You will learn the technical details that make Intrusion Prevention Systems so effective. Much of technical learning is best done by doing, so you will experience a multitude of hands-on lab exercises using popular technologies like Entercept, Okena, Inline Snort, Netscreen, Internet Security Security Systems, and Top Layer. Additionally, you will learn how to enable Intrusion Prevention features built into operating systems such as OpenBSD, Solaris, Linux, and even Tru64.
- 5 Days of Intrusion Prevention Training from an Authorized Instructor
- Official Student Courseware (Electronic Version)
- Certificate of Completion
- If you are familiar with some aspects of Intrusion Prevention, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Intrusion Prevention course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Intrusion Prevention course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
After completing this Intrusion Prevention course, attendees will be able to:
- Get practical skills in planning, implementing, and maintaining the hottest information security technology, IPS.
- Prevent hackers, worms, and disgruntled employees from destroying your organization’s information assets, a skill that could be worth millions to your current or potential employer.
- Learn in a multi-platform environment. Get intrusion prevention training on Windows, Linux, BSD, and Solaris. No one else offers this breadth and depth.
- More than interesting theories and lectures, get your hands dirty in our dedicated intrusion prevention training (IPS) lab.
- Learn hands-on skills that are difficult to gain in a corporate or government working environment, such as deploying multiple intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and attacking them.
Intrusion Prevention Training – Course Outline:
- Understanding hashing functions
- Understanding buffer overflows
- Anatomy of an exploit
- Network protocol-based attacks
- Intrusion Prevention vs. Intrusion Detection
- Intrusion Prevention deployment strategies
- The stack and heap data structures
- The role the Kernel plays in attacks
- Linux, Solaris, and Windows Kernels
- Unix system calls and the Windows API
- Vulnerability development and discovery
- Malicious worm internals
- Host Intrusion Prevention
- Syscall Interception
- Non-executable stacks
- Non-executable heaps
- Page protection
- Heuristic and behavioral blocking
- Network Intrusion Prevention
- Web application IPS
- Layer 7 Intrusion Prevention
- Packet scrubbing
- Shunting and session sniping
- Attack signature development
- Mixed mode IPS
- DDoS Prevention
- Calculating ROI for Intrusion Prevention
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information