MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and compliance Training – Hands-on (Online and Onsite Live!)
Military and Aerospace Systems must comply with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) requirements. MIL-STD-461G is applied to Department of Defense (DoD) procurements for equipment and subsystems and RTCA DO-160G is the EMC certification standard for commercial aviation. The EMC test and evaluation requirements have a lot of similarity and this course takes advantage of that similarity through instruction that combines the two standards.
MIL-STD-461G test and evaluation methods will be presented, including system requirements, general requirements, test article configurations, and documentation. This course offers critical information for military compliance professionals, testing industry professionals, and developers involved with electronics systems development. Instruction for each of the MIL-STD-461 test and measurement methods along with analysis of the test results will be covered.
DO-160G methods are integrated into the course by looking at the differences for requirements that are fundamentally alike during that method’s discussion, along with supplementing the course material with DO-160G test methods that are not part of MIL-STD-461G. This 5-day (approximately 7-hours/day) MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training course provides detailed focus on performing the testing, reducing and understanding the data and managing test problems. It features practical methods to address the complexity of the standard configuration along with concepts to manage the unusual product types. The attendees are part of the laboratory tests where they participate in accomplishing the test to enhance retention of the material presented in the course.
This is an iNARTE approved MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance course and qualifies for CPD credits required for continuing certification. If you are not iNARTE certified – ENO Institute can administer the examination – contact us for details.
Your Registration Includes
- 4 days of MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training with an expert instructor
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Electronic Guide
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Certificate of Completion
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance – amazon.com
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance – logicaloperations.com
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance – packtpub.com
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance – wiley.com
- We can adapt this MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance course:
- EMC Test Engineers and Technicians
- Program/project managers responsible for EMC evaluation oversight
- Anyone who interprets EMC data or troubleshoots EMC issues
- Design engineers responsible for EMC
MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training – Objectives:
MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance course benefits tro attendees:
- System and Hardware engineers: to enable them to develop airborne systems based on a familiarity with the DO-160G requirements that will help avoid expensive redesigns to correct potential issues found late in the development process.
- Test engineers: to enable them to develop/write the test plans/procedures (including test means/tools), and provide them with the guidelines to conduct the tests and write the Environmental Qualification report.
- System/Environmental qualification engineers: to reinforce their knowledge and to enhance their ability to conduct Audits to ensure compliance with the Certification objectives.
- Others: Certification specialists, project or process managers, to familiarize them with the Environmental Testing concepts and underlying principles needed to obtain approval by the regulatory authorities.
MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training – Course Syllabus:
- Basic Concepts of Electromagnetic Effects
- Terms and Definitions EMI – The Problem
- EMI – The Problem
- Measurement Units (The Decibel)
- Electromagnetic Environment
- Standards: MIL-STD-464C, MIL-STD-461G, DO160G
- Data Item Descriptions (Control Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports)
- Managing your EMI/EMC test program
- Emissions and Susceptibility, General concepts
- Interface Requirements / Facility requirements
- Configuring the test article
- Test Methods (MIL-STD-461G)
- Conducted Emissions
- CE101, CE102*, CE106
- DO-160: Section 21
- Conducted Susceptibility
- CS101*, CS103, CS104, CS105, CS109, CS114*, CS115, CS116*, CS117, CS118
- DO-160: Sections 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25
- Radiated Emissions
- RE101, RE102*, RE103
- DO-160: Sections 15, 21
- Radiated Susceptibility
- RS101, RS103, RS105
- DO-160: Section 20
- Power Quality
- DO-160: Section 16
- Summary and Review
IL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information