MIL-STD-810H Testing Training or Military Standard 810H Testing Training – Hands-on (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
This four-day MIL-STD-810H Testing Training class focuses on the purpose of each test, the equipment required to perform each test, and the methodology to correctly apply the specified test environments. This MIL-STD-810H Testing Training class is applicable to ANY testing done to Environmental test standards including DO-160, IEC specifications, and all other documents which provide test methodology for environmental testing. The test methods explained and taught in this class apply to environmental testing of ANY equipment whether it is intended for military/aerospace, commercial, or consumer use.
Vibration and Shock methods are covered together. We overview Sine and Random Vibration, also classical waveform shock testing, drop testing and Shock Response Spectrum Testing. We include instrumentation, vibration equipment, control systems and fixture design.
We discuss each climatic test individually, focusing on requirements, origination, equipment required, test methodology and understanding of results.
Class members will tour a lab (in person or virtually) that daily performs the full spectrum of 810H tests.
The lab visit will include a demonstration of the vibration test equipment and test techniques discussed in class. An instrumented resonant structure is excited first with slowly sweeping constant acceleration sine vibration. As the frequency increases the observers will see directly the decrease in displacement. The sine vibration demonstration will be followed by an all-frequencies-simultaneous random vibration. Responses are compared.
- 500.6 Low Pressure (Altitude)
- 501.7 High Temperature
- 502.7 Low Temperature
- 503.7 Temperature Shock
- 504.3 Contamination by Fluids
- 505.7 Solar Radiation (Sunshine)
- 506.6 Rain
- 507.6 Humidity
- 508.8 Fungus
- 509.7 Salt Fog
- 510.7 Sand and Dust
- 511.7 Explosive Atmosphere
- 512.6 Immersion
- 513.8 Acceleration
- 514.8 Vibration
- 515.8 Acoustic Noise
- 516.8 Shock
- 517.3 Pyroshock
- 518.2 Acidic Atmosphere
- 519.8 Gunfire Shock
- 520.5 Combined Environments
- 521.4 Icing/Freezing Rain
- 522.4 Ballistic Shock
- 523.4 Vibro-Acoustic/Temperature
- 524.1 Freeze / Thaw
- 525.2 Time Waveform Replication
- 526.2 Rail Impact
- 527.2 Multi-Exciter
- 528.1 Mechanical Vibrations of Shipboard Equipment (Type I – Environmental and Type II – Internally Excited)
Classroom discussion is supported by projected visuals and video clips. Commencing with a review of basic vibrations, we will explore vibration measurements and analysis. We’ll compare sinusoidal vs. random vibration testing systems, specifications, standards and procedures. We will emphasize vibration and shock test fixture design, fabrication, experimental evaluation and usage. We will study shock measurement, shock response spectrum (SRS) and shock testing.
Climatic testing will be looked at in great detail, emphasizing required equipment and instrumentation, correct interpretation of specifications and hints to ensure that the tests are brought to a successful conclusion.
In addition to the detailed observations of chambers in the Lab, numerous photographs of general purpose and special purpose chambers are provided such as Solar Radiation and Rain. Along with “catalog photos” of chambers, the instructor shows unpublished factory in-construction via photos of chambers.
The MIL-STD-810H Testing Training course emphasizes topics you will use immediately. Suppliers to the military services protectively install commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment in our flight and land vehicles and in shipboard locations where vibration and shock can be severe. We laboratory test the protected equipment to (1) assure maximum equipment survival and possible combat and (2) meet commercial test standards, IEC documents, military standards such as STANAG or MIL-STD-810H, DO-160, etc. Few if any engineering schools teach about such protection or such testing. Hence this specialized course.
Comparison of 810 Revisions. 810H is the latest revision. MIL-STD-810 has been revised roughly every 8 years since it was introduced in 1962. Some of the earlier revisions are occasionally cited in procurement contracts. This course covers ALL the test methods of the latest revision. The last method numbers are found in the final column of this available-for-download PDF file. The instructor will also discusses commonly specified older legacy methods.
- 4 days of Military Standard 810H Testing Training with an expert instructor
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- DO-160G Training | Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training
- MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training
- MIL-STD-461G Test Methods and Compliance Training
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and compliance Training
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) for Space Systems Training
- We can adapt this MIL-STD-810H Testing Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this MIL-STD-810H Testing Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the MIL-STD-810H Testing Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the MIL-STD-810H Testing Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
This MIL-STD-810H Testing Training course is aimed at people who need to perform, witness or specify environmental testing in accordance with MIL-STD-810 (or any other similar environmental test standard). It covers all of the Dynamic and Climatic tests described in MIL-STD-810. Are you saying to yourself “I need practical knowledge about MIL-STD-810 testing because my work requirements are:
- My title may be mechanical engineer, mechanical designer or packaging engineer. I design (ruggedize) products that must pass MIL-STD-810 testing. I design products to dynamic and climatic requirements, which I don’t fully understand. Then I send a prototype to our lab for testing. I really don’t understand what our lab does. I’d better find out.
- I write contracts for or specifications procuring military equipment. I need to understand the requirements of MIL-STD-810. How do I ensure that potential contractors understand and will correctly implement the requirements?
- I need to witness and approve testing that is specified to be performed “in accordance with MIL-STD-810”. How do I know if the test equipment proposed is capable of doing the job? How do I know if the data I am given is accurate?
- I work in an environmental test lab. We need to perform tests “in accordance with MIL-STD-810”. How do we perform these tests? How do we interpret the requirements? What in heck is g2/Hz?
- I have been tasked with procuring equipment to perform tests “in accordance with MIL-STD-810”.
MIL-STD-810H Testing Training – Objectives:
After completing this Military Standard 810H Testing Training course, students will be able to:
- Perform vibration, shock and climatic tests
- evaluate and select equipment to perform testing
- Convert field measured data into a test program
- Interpret vibration and shock test requirements and results
- Supervise vibration, shock and climatic tests
- Specify and experimentally evaluate vibration and shock test fixtures
When you visit a test lab or review a test program, you will have a good understanding of the requirements and execution of dynamics and climatics tests and so be able to ask meaningful questions and understand laboratory personnel responses.
MIL-STD-810H Testing Training – Course Syllabus:
Introduction to Military Standard testing – Dynamics
- Introduction to classical sinusoidal vibration
- Resonance effects
- Acceleration and force measurement
- Electrohydraulic shaker systems
- Electrodynamic shaker systems
- Sine vibration testing
- Random vibration testing
- Attaching test articles to shakers (fixture design, fabrication and usage)
- Shock testing
- Vibration lab demonstration
Introduction to Military Standard testing – Climatics
- Temperature testing
- Temperature shock
- Rapid decompression/explosives
- Combined environments
- Solar radiation
- Salt fog
- Sand & Dust
- Explosive atmosphere
- Climatics lab demonstration
- Reporting on and certifying test results
- Course summary; optional final examination; award of certificates
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information