Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) – Hands-on (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
This four-day Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) class will provide education in the purpose of each test, the equipment required to perform each test, and the methodology to correctly apply the specified test environments. Vibration and Shock methods will be covered together and will include an overview of Sine and Random Vibration as well as classical waveform shock testing, drop testing and Shock Response Spectrum Testing. Instrumentation, vibration equipment, control systems and fixture design will be covered.
Each climatic test will be discussed individually, focusing on requirements, origination, equipment required, test methodology and understanding of results. Class members will participate in a tour of a lab that daily performs the full spectrum of 810G tests. Discussion, supported by projected visuals and video clips. Commencing with a review of basic vibrations, we will explore vibration measurements and analysis. We’ll compare sinusoidal vs. random vibration testing systems, specifications, standards and procedures. We will emphasize vibration and shock test fixture design, fabrication, experimental evaluation and usage. We will study shock measurement, shock response spectrum (SRS) and shock testing.
Climatic testing will be looked at in great detail, emphasizing required equipment and instrumentation, correct interpretation of specifications and hints to ensure that the tests are brought to a successful conclusion.
The Military Standard 810H Testing MIL-STD-810H) course emphasizes topics you will use immediately. Suppliers to the military services protectively install commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment in our flight and land vehicles and in shipboard locations where vibration and shock can be severe. We laboratory test the protected equipment (1) to assure twenty years equipment survival and possible combat, also (2) to meet commercial test standards, IEC documents, military standards such as STANAG or MIL-STD-810G, etc.
Each participant will also receive a copy of Wayne Tustin’s text ‘A Minimal-Mathematics Introduction to the Fundamentals of Random Vibration and Shock Testing, HALT, ESS & HASS, also Measurements, Analysis & Calibration’, including a CD containing a number of video clips pertaining to sine and random vibration and shock behavior and testing.
Duration: 3 days
Military Standard 810H Testing – Resources:
- Military Standard 810H Testing Training – amazon.com
- Military Standard 810H Testing – logicaloperations.com
- Military Standard 810H Testing – packtpub.com
- Military Standard 810H Testing – wiley.com
- Military Standard 810H Testing – artechhouse.com
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) – Related Courses
- DO-160G Training | Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- DO-178 And DO-254 Avionic Training
- EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training
- MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training
- MIL-STD-461G Test Methods and Compliance Training
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and compliance Training
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) for Space Systems Training
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) – Customize It:
- We can adapt this Military Standard 810H Testing (MIL-STD-810H) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Military Standard 810H Testing (MIL-STD-810H) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Military Standard 810H Testing (MIL-STD-810H) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Military Standard 810H Testing (MIL-STD-810H) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) – Audience/Target Group:
The target audience for this Military Standard 810H Testing course:
- This Military Standard 810H Testing course is aimed at people who need to perform, witness or specify environmental testing in accordance with MIL-STD-810.
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) – Objectives:
After completing this Military Standard 810H Testing course, students will be able to:
- Perform vibration, shock and climatic tests
- evaluate and select equipment to perform testing
- Convert field measured data into a test program
- Interpret vibration and shock test requirements and results
- Supervise vibration, shock and climatic tests
- Specify and experimentally evaluate vibration and shock test fixtures
When you visit a test lab or review a test program, you will have a good understanding of the requirements and execution of dynamics and climatics tests and so be able to ask meaningful questions and understand laboratory personnel responses.
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) – Course Syllabus:
Introduction to Military Standard testing – Dynamics
- Introduction to classical sinusoidal vibration
- Resonance effects
- Acceleration & force measurement
- Electrohydraulic shaker systems
- Electrodynamic shaker systems
- Sine vibration testing
- Random vibration testing
- Attaching test articles to shakers (fixture design, fabrication and usage)
- Shock testing
- Vibration lab demonstration
Introduction to Military Standard testing – Climatics
- Temperature testing
- Temperature shock
- Rapid decompression/explosives
- Combined environments
- Solar radiation
- Salt fog
- Sand & Dust
- Explosive atmosphere
- Climatics lab demonstration
- Reporting on and certifying test results
- Military Standard 810H Training Testing (MIL-STD-810H) Course Wrap-up; optional final examination; award of certificates
Military Standard 810H Testing Training (MIL-STD-810H) Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information