NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training:
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training workshop Course (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
In February 2013, the President of the United States issued Executive Order (EO) 13636, “Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity.” In response to this mandate, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) was tasked with development of the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, more commonly known as the Cybersecurity Framework. Although it was designed specifically for companies that are part of the U.S. critical infrastructure, many other organizations in the private and public sectors, including federal agencies, are using the framework as a helpful tool in managing cybersecurity risks.
This NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training Workshop covers each of the three NIST Cybersecurity Framework components: the framework core, the framework implementation tiers and the framework profiles.
Executive Order (EO) 13636, “Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” was issued to “enhance the security and resilience of the Nation’s critical infrastructure and to maintain a cyber environment that encourages efficiency, innovation, and economic prosperity while promoting safety, security, business confidentiality, privacy, and civil liberties.”
The order provided a mandate to establish a voluntary common framework for cybersecurity defense, now known as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- 3 days of NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training with an expert instructor
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework – https://www.amazon.com/
- We can adapt this NIST Cybersecurity Framework course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this NIST Cybersecurity Framework course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the NIST Cybersecurity Framework course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the NIST Cybersecurity Framework course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
- Targeted at IT and Cybersecurity professionals looking to become certified on how to operationalize the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) across an enterprise and its supply chain.
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training – Objectives:
After attending this NIST Cybersecurity Framework workshop, you will be able to:
- Implement the NIST Cybersecurity Framework to identify, assess and manage cybersecurity risk
- Identify connections between business drivers and cybersecurity activities
- Determine activities that are most important to critical service delivery
- Prioritize expenditures to maximize the impact of the investment
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training – Course Outlines:
Day 1: Risk frameworks
- Course introduction
- Legal/governmental guidelines
Day 2: CSF Components and Processes
- NIST frameworks
- CSF components
- Current profile
- Target profile
- Informative references
- Implementation tiers
- Tier 1: Partial
- Tier 2: Risk informed
- Tier 3: Repeatable
- Tier 4: Adaptive
- CSF processes (5 steps)
Day 3: CSF Processes and Implementation
- CSF processes (cont.)
- 7-step approach to establishing or improving a cybersecurity program
- Step 1: Prioritize and scope
- Step 2: Orient
- Step 3: Create a current profile
- Step 4: Conduct a risk assessment
- Step 5: Create a target profile
- Step 6: Determine, analyze and prioritize gaps
- Step 7: Implement action plan
- Links from CSF to security controls, COBIT 5 and ISO 27001
NIST Cybersecurity Framework Training Course Wrap-up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information