OPTASK Link Training:
OPTASK Link Training Course description
The OPTASK LINK formatted message is used by NATO and many other nations to provide tasking to units operating Tactical Data Links (TDLs). While the OPTASK LINK has been in use for many years, it is constantly evolving to allow for the inclusion of new systems.
This one-day OPTASK Link Training course familiarises the student with the OPTASK LINK structure as defined in NATO documents. The course is available on its own, or it can be added to a specific TDL course such as Link 11, Link 16, Joint Range Extension (JRE), etc. As well as descriptions of the use and format of the OPTASK LINK, students take part in various exercises, developing their own OPTASK LINK in the classroom, which is then utilized to initialize the Data Link Training Suite (DLTS), providing a complete overview of the tasking procedure.
- 1 day of OPTASK Link Training with an expert instructor
- OPTASK Link Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- EMC/EMI Training for Aerospace
- Link 16 Network Planning Training | Introduction/Advanced level
- Link 16 System Integration Training | Intermediate/Advanced Level
- DO-178C Training In Depth
- DO-178 | DO-178C | DO-254 Training
- MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training
- MIL-1760 Training
- Architecting with the DoD Architecture Framework Training
- Introduction to DoDAF Training
- Tactical Data Links Training
- If you are familiar with some aspects of OPTASK Link Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the OPTASK Link course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the OPTASK Link course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
Lesson 1 – Use of the OPTASK LINK
- OPTASK LINK Message
- Single Link
- Associated Messages
Lesson 2 – OPTASK LINK Format
- As defined in the latest NATO Documentation
- May contain any required TDL
Lesson 3 – OPTASK LINK Exercises
- Exercises will involve student understanding and creation of OPTASK LINK
Lesson 4 – Data Link Training Simulator (DLTS)
- The information produced in the OPTASK LINK may be utilized to initialize the DLTS for Link 11 and/or Link 16. Data Forwarding and the use of JRE(AP) may also be demonstrated
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information