Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) course with Hands-on Labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
NetApp Training Units: 12 NTU
This Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) course describes the deployment of the SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere. In this course, you learn about the features of the plug-in and learn how to install and perform initial configuration of the plug-in.
You also use NetApp SnapCenter software to learn how to protect and restore VMware virtual machines (VMs) and datastores. Through instructor-led presentations and web-based courseware, you gain knowledge about these topics. Hands-on exercises provide you with experience in performing these tasks.
Duration: 1 day
- ONTAP Cluster Administration Training (ONTAP 9.5)
- ONTAP Data Protection Administration Training (ONTAP 9.5)
- ONTAP Cluster Administration and Data Protection Training Bundle (ONTAP 9.5)
- SnapCenter Administration Training (SCADMIN)
- Implementing Oracle on NetApp Storage Systems Training (ORONSS)
- VMware vSphere on NetApp Training (VVNA)
- Implementing Microsoft Hyper-V on Data ONTAP Training (IMPMSHV)
- Implementing VMware vSphere on Data ONTAP Training (IMPVMVS)
- Integrating Hybrid Clouds with NetApp Data Fabric Training (INTHCDF)
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Protecting SQL Server Training (PROTSQL) course:
- NetApp and NetApp partner professional services, system engineers, and customers.
Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) – Class Prerequisites:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Protecting VMware vSphere (PROVMVSP) course are as follows:
- ONTAP Cluster Administration
- Data Protection Administration
- SnapCenter Fundamentals
- NetApp SnapCenter Administration
Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) – Objectives:
Upon completing this Protecting VMware vSphere (PROVMVSP) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Describe the features of the Plug-in for VMware vSphere
- List supported deployment scenarios
- Explain how to use role-based access control (RBAC) features, when given specific scenarios
- Outline details for installing the Plug-in for VMware vSphere
- List prerequisite tasks before installation
- Illustrate NetApp Virtual Storage Console software client plug-in (VSC) host migration to SnapCenter software
- Describe data protection strategies for VMware vSphere
- Use the Plug-in for VMware vSphere to demonstrate how to back up and restore VMware VMs, Virtual Machine Disks (VMDKs), and datastores
- Use the Plug-in for VMware vSphere to identify the steps to mount and unmount a datastore backup
Protecting VMware vSphere Training (PROVMVSP) – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere Overview
- Features and benefits
- Deployment scenarios and configurations
- RBAC integration
- Installation workflow
Module 2: Installing and Configuring the SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere
- Installation and configuration
- VSC host migration
Module 3: Creating and Backing Up VMware Resources
- Defining a data protection strategy
- Backing up VMs, VMDKs and datastores
Module 4: Restoring VMware Resources
- Restoring VMs and VMDKs from backups
- Restoring guest files and folders
- Mounting and unmounting datastores
- Configuring storage
- Configuring VMware backup jobs
- Restoring VMware resources
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information