Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course with Hands-on Labs – Red Hat Training Units: 10 RTU
This Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course is for senior system administrators and storage administrators who want to deploy scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud.You will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat® Storage servers.
The Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course will also explore highly available CIFS and NFS using CTDB, unified file and object storage and geo-replication. This Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration Exam (EX236).
Duration: 3 days
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration Training (CEPH125)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Administrators Training (CL110)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II Training (CL210)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV Training (CL310)
- Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management Training (CL220)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Development Training (JB450)
- Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236)
- Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318)
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I Training (JB248)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development II Training (JB325)
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration II Training (JB348)
- Building Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Applications Training (JB501)
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course:
• Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course are as follows:
• Fluency in Relational Database Concepts and SQL
• Experience in programming with the JDBC API is helpful
• JBoss Developer Studio or Eclipse experience is helpful but not required
Upon completing this Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
• Create and manage different volume types
• Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
• Explore geo-replication
• Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
• Learn about snapshots
• Learn about the Hadoop plugin
This course is part of the following Certifications:
• Red Hat Certified Architect: Datacenter (RHCA-DC)
• Red Hat Certified Architect: Application Platform (RHCA-AP)
• Red Hat Certified Architect: Cloud (RHCA-CLOUD)
Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236) – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Storage
• Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
Module 2: Explore the classroom environment
• Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
Module 3: Installation
• Install Red Hat Storage Server.
Module 4: Basic configuration
• Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
Module 5: Volume types
• Understand different volume types.
Module 6: Clients
• Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
Module 7: ACLs and quotas
• Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
Module 8: Extending volumes
• Grow storage volumes online.
Module 9: IP failover
• Configure IP failover using CTDB.
Module 10: Geo-replication
• Configure geo-replication.
Module 11: Unified file and object storage
• Configure Swift object access.
Module 12: Troubleshooting
• Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
Module 13: Managing snapshots
• Manage snapshots in Red Hat Storage.
Module 14: Hadoop plugin
• Learn about the Hadoop plugin configuration.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information