Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course with Hands-on Labs – Red Hat Training Units: 13 RTU
Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) teaches experienced system administrators how to use the virtualization features of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® managed through the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization suite.
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
This Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Training course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator Exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
Duration: 4 days
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration Training (CEPH125)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Administrators Training (CL110)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II Training (CL210)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV Training (CL310)
- Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management Training (CL220)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Development Training (JB450)
- Red Hat Cluster Storage Administration Training (RH236)
- Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318)
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I Training (JB248)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development II Training (JB325)
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration II Training (JB348)
- Building Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Applications Training (JB501)
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course:
• Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
• IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course are as follows:
• IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
Upon completing this Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
• Configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment (datacenters, clusters, and storage domains).
• Install, manage, and troubleshoot virtual machines (servers and desktops).
• Create virtual machine snapshots.
• Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment.
• Secure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles.
• Monitor and create custom reports.
• Migrate virtual machines and explore high-availability options.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
• Red Hat Certified Architect: Datacenter (RHCA-DC)
• Red Hat Certified Architect: Cloud (RHCA-CLOUD)
Red Hat Virtualization Training (RH318) – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Overview of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Define and discuss general virtualization, Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM), and the concept of virtualization in Red Hat Module Enterprise Virtualization.
Module 2: Install, configure, and test manager
• Install, configure, secure, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
Module 3: Install and configure hypervisor hosts
• Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.
Module 4: Create datacenters and clusters
• Create datacenters and clusters using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
Module 5: Create and maintaining storage
• Create and administer data, iso, and export storage domains using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Module 6: Create logical networks
• Create logical networks using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
Module 7: Deploy virtual machines
• Install, deploy, and manage virtual machines (VMs) with appropriate drivers and agents using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Module 8: Manage VM snapshots and images
• Manage VMs with snapshots and share images using Red Hat Virtualization.
Module 9: Automate VM deployment
• Utilize templates, pools, and cloud-init to automate deployment of VMs using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Module 10: Monitor and report Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
• Locate information using the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization administration portal to generate reports of the environment.
Module 11: Overview of advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization topics
• Describe backing up and restoring Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, making Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization highly available, and using the application programming interface (API).
Module 12: Install and configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux host
• Install and configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux host.
Module 13: Migrate VMs and configure high availability
• Migrate VMs manually and automatically, and configure high availability with live migration using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Module 14: Comprehensive review
• Review the course objectives.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information