Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced:
Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced Course – Hands-on (Online, Onsite, and Classroom Live!)
This three-day course covers all the technology of advanced satellite communications, as well as the principles behind current state-of-the-art satellite communications equipment. New and promising technologies will be covered to develop an understanding of the major approaches, including network topologies, VSAT, and IP networking over satellite. The material will be complemented with a continuously evolving example of the application of systems engineering practice to a specific satellite communications system. The example of WCDMA over a GEO satellite will address issues from the highest system architecture down to component details, budgets, specifications, etc.
Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced covers the following topics:
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced: Satellite orbits and transponder characteristics
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced: Traffic Connectivities
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced: Multiple Access Techniques
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced: Communications Link Calculations.
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced: Digital Modulation Techniques
- And More…
- 3 days of Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced with an expert instructor
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced – https://www.wiley.com/
- Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Satellite Communications Systems Advanced – https://www.amazon.com/
- Multi-Target Tracking & Multi-Sensor Data Fusion Training
- Orbital and Launch Mechanics Fundamentals Training
- Phased-Array Radar Systems Engineering Bootcamp
- Radar Systems Fundamentals Training
- Radar Systems Design and Engineering Training
- Rockets and Launch Vehicles: Selection and Design Training
- Satellite Communications: Earth Station Design and Analysis Training
- Satellite Communications: Modern Commercial and Military Satellite Systems Training
- Satellite Communications – An Essential Introduction Training
- Satellite Communications Design and Engineering Training
- We can adapt this Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Satellite Communications Systems Advanced course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Satellite Communications Systems Advanced around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Satellite Communications Systems Advanced course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Satellite Communications Systems Advanced course:
- Technical managers
- Logistics and support
Upon completing this Satellite Communications Systems Advanced course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Characteristics of satellites – GEO vs. non-GEO, area coverage vs. spot beam, bent pipe vs. processor-based
- Characteristics of satellite networks – broadcast, interactive, star and mesh, high-throughput satellite (HTS) alternatives
- The tradeoffs between major alternatives in SATCOM system design.
- SATCOM modulation and coding tradeoffs and link budget analysis.
- DAMA/BoD for FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA systems.
- Critical RF parameters in terminal equipment and their effects on performance.
- Technical details of RF antennas, amplifiers, and receivers.
- Use of spread spectrum for Comm-on-the-Move and aeronautical broadband.
- Characteristics of IP traffic over satellite.
- Innovative approaches using phased arrays, cancellation, and adaptive coding and modulation.
- Introduction to SATCOM. History and overview. Examples of current military and commercial systems.
- Satellite orbits and transponder characteristics – area coverage, high throughput at Ku and Ka bands, advanced L and S-band systems.
- Traffic Connectivities: Mesh, Hub-Spoke, Point-to-Point, Broadcast.
- Multiple Access Techniques: FDMA, TDMA, Wideband CDMA, Random Access. DAMA and Bandwidth-on-Demand, adapting WCDMA to the GEO environment.
- Communications Link Calculations. Definition of EIRP, G/T, Eb/No, Es/No. Noise Temperature and Figure. Transponder gain and SFD. Link Budget Calculations.
- Digital Modulation Techniques. BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM, 32/64APSK. Nyquist signal shaping (raised cosine). Ideal BER performance, implementation margin, adaptive codes, and modulation (ACM).
- RF Components. HPA, SSPA (GaN), LNA, Up/down converters. Intermodulation, band limiting, oscillator phase noise. Examples of BER Degradation.
- TDMA Networks. Time Slots. Preambles. Suitability for DAMA and BoD, ALOHA.
- Characteristics of IP and TCP/UDP over satellite. Need for Performance Enhancing Proxy (PEP) techniques, acceleration.
- VSAT Networks and their system characteristics; DVB-S2 and DVB-RCS standards and MF-TDMA.
- Earth Station Antenna types. Pointing/Tracking. Small antennas at Ku band. Mobile antennas – planar array, phased array. FCC-Intelsat-ITU antenna requirements and EIRP density limitations.
- Application of Wideband CDMA over satellite – applied in the US MUOS GEO system.
- Emerging Technology Developments and Future Trends.
Satellite Communications Systems Training Advanced Course Wrap-up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information