This Certified PowerShell Hacker Training Workshop is an intense 4-day training course covering the keys to hacking with PowerShell. We know that most companies have an Active Directory infrastructure that manages authentication and authorization to most devices and objects within the organization.
Many use PowerShell to speed up and simplify management, which only makes sense. Did you know that a large percentage of hacks over the last year included PowerShell based attacks? Well, they did, which is why we spend 4 days learning how to hack like the pros using nothing but what is already available to us in Windows or now in open source code on Mac and Linux!
The PowerShell Automation and Windows Security Training Workshop course is based on real-world implementations of a windows infrastructure along with real-world penetration testing techniques. You will leave with a really strong skill set to help test your windows environment like never before. An attendee will also walk away with a strong skill set on how to help prevent these attacks from happening in the first place!
The Certified Powershell Hacker (CPSH) exam is taken online through our Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2 account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. The cost is $500 USD and must be purchased from ENO Institute
- Official Student Guide (Hardcopy)
- Official Student Courseware (Electronic Version)
- Student Lab guide
- Exam Prep Guide
- 1 Exam Voucher
- CPEs: 32
Duration: 4 days
- We can adapt this Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation Training – Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this PowerShell Automation and Windows Security Workshop course:
- Penetration Testers
- Microsoft Administrators
- Security Administrators
- Active Directory Administrators
- Anyone looking to learn more about security
Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation Training – Prerequisites:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this PowerShell Automation and Windows Security Workshop are:
- General Understanding of Pen Testing
- General Understanding of Active Directory
- General Understanding of scripting and programming
Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation Training – Objectives:
Upon completion, the Certified PowerShell Hacker candidate will be able to competently take the CPSH exam.
Here are just a few things you will take away from this course
- Detailed Lab Manual
- VMs for performing labs on your own
- New ideas on testing your own AD infrastructure
- Attacks you can use immediately
- How to secure against PowerShell attacks
Securing Windows and PowerShell Automation Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1 Introduction to PowerShell
- Different Tool Options
- Installing everything needed
- Language Basics
- Using the Windows API and WM
- Interacting with the Registry
- Managing Objects and COM Objects
Module 2 –Introduction to Active Directory and Kerberos
- Overview of Kerberos
- The three-headed monster
- Key Distribution Center
- Kerberos in Detail
- Why we care about Kerberos as a Hacker
- Overview of Active Directory
- Understanding AD concepts
- AD Objects and Attributes
Module 3 –Pen Testing Methodology Revisited
- Introduction to the methodology
- The Plan!!
- Vulnerability Identification
- Client-side attacks with and without PowerShell
Module 4 –Information Gathering and Enumeration
- What can a domain user see?
- Domain Enumeration
- Trust and Privileges Mapping
- After the client exploit
Module 5 –Privilege Escalation
- Local Privilege Escalation
- Credential Replay Attacks
- Domain Privilege Escalation
- Dumping System and Domain Secrets
- PowerShell with Human Interface Devices
Module 6 –Lateral Movements and Abusing Trust
- Kerberos attacks (Golden, Silver Tickets and more)
- Delegation Issues
- Attacks across Domain Trusts
- Abusing Forest Trusts
- Abusing SQL Server Trusts
- Pivoting to other machines
Module 7–Persistence and Bypassing Defenses
- Abusing Active Directory ACLs
- Maintaining Persistence
- Bypassing Defenses
- Attacking Azure Active Directory
Module 8–Defending Against PowerShell Attacks
- Defending an Active Directory Infrastructure
- Detecting Attacks
- Using Certificates
- Using Bastion Hosts
- Using AppLocker
PowerShell Automation and Windows Security Training course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information