SIP Training or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Training:
SIP Training or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overview Course with Hands-on Labs (online, Onsite, and Classroom Live)
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a widely adopted standard for VoIP systems, devices, and software. In this short but intensive course, you will review the SIP architecture, including the components such as media servers, application servers, gateways, and endpoints.
You will study the SIP messages, when and why they are used, how they are handled, and the components of each SIP message that is transported on the network. You will learn about the design components and process, with the application and sizing of each component covered in detail. You will also learn how VoIP works, its benefits, and its implementation. At the end of the day, you will have a very good understanding of the SIP protocol, messaging, routing, components, and design considerations.
We can transform this Session Initiation Protocol Training (SIP) course into an Action Learning Workshop by including an extended hands-on design and procurement exercise related to your organization’s specific requirements.
- 2 days of SIP Training | Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Training with an expert instructor
- SIP or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- SIP Training | Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- SIP | Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) – https://www.packtpub.com/
- SIP | Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- SIP | Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- SIP | Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) – https://www.amazon.com/
- SDN Training | Software Defined Networks Training
- SDN OpenFlow Training | Software Defined Networks Training
- NFV Training | Network Functions Virtualization Training
- SDN | NFV Training: Software-Defined Networks & Network Functions Virtualization
- Advanced SIP Training | Advanced Session Initiation Protocol
- SIP Architecture and Security Training
- SNMPv3 Training | Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3
- We can adapt this SIP or Session Initiation Protocol course to your group’s background and project requirements at little to no added charge. We can focus the Session Initiation Protocol Training course on business issues or implementation details depending on the varying requirements of audiences such as engineers, marketing or sales personnel, procurement specialists, and managers or executives. The optional third day allows you to immediately apply the course content to the development of a SIP design/procurement document for your organization.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this SIP Training course is defined here:
- If you are a communication system or software engineer; data network, telephony, IT, or marketing/sales professional; technical or strategy manager or consultant, or someone charged with evaluating, designing, or implementing security mechanisms, processes, and policies for your SIP-based (such as a VoIP) system, applications, or services, this Session Initiation Protocol Training course is meant for you.
- While there are no particular prerequisites for this Session Initiation Protocol course, technical background and prior exposure to telecommunications or IT issues will certainly be helpful.
After completing this SIP Training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the basics of VoIP
- Explore Where, why, and how SIP is used
- Comprehend the basics of SIP
- Understand the architect and components of SIP
- Understand the differences between SIP and H.323
- Understand H.323-SIP-SS7 Interworking
- Review SIP-T concept and architecture
- Understand how to size up and choose from available SIP products
SIP: An Overview
- IETF and the history of SIP
- Why was SIP needed?
- Why is SIP so widely adopted?
- Basics of SIP
- SIP’s place in today’s business and telecommunications marketplace
Protocol Messages and Features
- Protocol and how it’s handled on the network
- Elements of a SIP message: Header, RTP stream, and more
- Routing SIP messages
- Call set-up
- Control features supported
SIP Devices and Systems: How Each Element is Used, Potential Issues, Design and Security Considerations
- Media servers
- Application servers
- Proxy servers
- Load balancers
- Route plans
SIP and Media Control: An In-depth Discussion of How the Media (Audio, Video, or Messaging) are Handled in SIP for Recording, Conferencing, and Mixed Applications
SIP and VoIP System Planning and Design: A Typical SIP Deployment Scenario
- Design Process
- Security issues
- Wide area networking considerations
- Putting the pieces together
- Migration strategies
Action Learning Workshop (Optional Third-Day, Internet Connectivity Required)
- Develop a high-level design
- Use appropriate tools to size network requirements
- Build endpoint requirements plan
- Data network impact considered
- Select deployment model and procurement requirements
- Course recap
- Future of multimedia protocols and applications
- Q/A and evaluations
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information