Smart Grid Training:
Smart Grid Training – Hands-on
Smart Grid Training with emphasis on developing and enhancing the workforce within the Electric Power Sector focuses on smart grid technologies. Our Smart Grid training address the entire electricity delivery system, including transmission, distribution, and electrical equipment manufacturing. Learn about tools and techniques to build, operate, and maintain a modern electricity system, integrate renewable energy sources, and issues environmental concerns including carbon management. Smart Grid Training targets professionals involved in power electronics, information and communications technologies, policy, and economics.
Smart Grid training is created for the energy industry including utilities, government, environment, and other stakeholders. This Smart Grid training course is designed for engineers, managers, executives, and other professionals who need to get a good understanding of what the smart grid is, how technologies would alter and modify the current grid, and what the smart grid of the future would look like. Associated smart grid workshop is taught by leading academic and industry experts starting with a fundamental knowledge of the different aspects and topics within the framework of smart grid with technologies deployed, applications, trends, workshops and use case studies.
- 3 days of Smart Grid Training with an expert instructor
- Smart Grid Training Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Engineering Training
- Electricity Distribution Network Design Training
- Energy Storage Training
- Introduction to Power System Operation Training
- Microgrid Certification Training
- Microgrid Systems Engineering Training
- Microgrid Training Overview
- Microgrid Training Crash Course
- Mobile Networks Power Systems Training
- NERC CIP Training Bootcamp
- NERC System Operator Certification Training
- Offshore Wind Farm Training
- Power Grid Operation Training
- Power System Dynamic Analysis and Symmetrical Components Training
- Power System Engineering Training
- Power System Fundamentals for Engineers Training
- Power Systems Certificate Training
- Reactive Power Compensation and Voltage Control Training
- If you are familiar with some aspects of Smart Grid Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Smart Grid Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Smart Grid Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Smart Grid Training Course is defined here:
- All individuals who need to understand offshore wind farms from generation to consumption.
- Renewable energy utility engineers
- Test engineers
- Engineers seeking Ph.D. and graduate studies focused on renewable energies and microgrids
- Power traders to understand the offshore wind farm systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the offshore wind farm course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in the renewable energy industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started a career in power systems or have new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on renewable energy-related projects
- Managers, accountants, and executives of the power system industry.
- Scientists or non-electrical engineers involved in smart grid-related projects or proposals.
Upon completing this Smart Grid Training Course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand what smart grid is and its benefits
- Advance your knowledge about smart grid concepts and technologies
- Learn about smart grid technology, business and operations of energy generation
- Learn about smart grid architecture and implementation
- Understand how advanced technologies should be integrated to enable a modern grid
- Understand how renewables can be integrated more seamlessly using smart grid technologies
- Learn about smart grid of the future
Smart Grid Training – Course Syllabus:
Introduction to Smart Grid
- Energy Technology Perspectives
- Smart Grid: The Big Picture
- What are Smart Grids?
- Why do we need them?
- What are some of the benefits of your region?
- When will they be deployed?
- Smart Grids in Distribution Networks
- Energy (and electricity) system drivers
- Regulation of monopolies
- Innovation and competitiveness
- Low prices and efficiency
- Primary energy sources
- Reliability and quality
- Electricity Networks
- Energy efficiency is the hidden fuel that increases energy
- security and mitigates climate change.
- Centralized fuel production, power and storage
- A smart, sustainable energy system
- A sustainable energy system is a smarter,
- more unified and integrated energy system
- Centralized fuel production, power and storage
- Renewable energy resources
Electric Grid Modernization (Smart Grid)
- Modern utility electricity delivery systems
- Computer-based remote control and automation
- Two-way communication technology
- Computer processing
- Electricity networks
- Power plants
- Wind farms
- Devices utilities use to deliver electricity
- Automated and computerized
Smart Grid Technology Components
- Key Drivers
- Conceptual Model and Reference Architecture Principles
- Motivation for Conceptual Model and Reference Architecture
- Requirements for the M/490 Reference Architecture
- Power Generation
- Power Transmission
- Power Distribution
- Grid Automation
- Renewable Integration
- Energy Storage Solutions
- Smart Home and Building
Implementation, Standards, and Interoperability
- Distribution automation
- Substation automation
- The connection between generation, transmission, distribution automation, substation automation, and customer
- Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) and the Smart Grid
- Automated Demand-Response (ADR)
- Smart Grid Cyber Security
- Wide Area situational awareness (WASA)
- Wireless and Wireline Communications
- Digital Sense & Control of the grid
- Advanced Technologies and their integration
- Making a business case for advanced technologies,
- Advanced technologies for Distribution Automation
- Utility time cycles of adoption
- Grid architectures,
- Simulation and validation,
- Cloud computing and mobile apps in smart grids and consumers interfaces,
- Home Area Networks (HAN)
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure,
- Demand Response
- Demand Management
- Regulation and pricing
- Electric Vehicle Integration into the Grid
- Battery and Storage Integration and Aggregation
Smart Grid Deployment
- Smart Grid Energy Layer Use Case
- Advanced Distribution Automation WAMS (Wide Area Measurement System)
- Issues: Legal Contracts, Legal Regulations, Constraints, and others
- DER control (Distributed Energy Resources)
- People, Systems, Applications, Databases, the Power System, and Other Stakeholders
- DR control (Demand Response) for large-scale application
- DS supervision (Distribution System)
- DER, DR/Microgrid control
- PV Generation (Photo Voltaic)
- Control and Connectivity Layer Use Cases
- Service Layer Use Cases
- Home-DR applications (Demand Response) for consumer appliances
- Home Energy Management (HEM)
- Smart Grid/Metering Service Layer
- Applicability of MM architecture to Smart Grids
Smart Grid Operation
- Communications and Data of the Smart Grid
- The Customer Side of the Smart Grid
- The Utility Side of the Smart Grid
- Controlling, Operating, and Monitoring the Smart Grid
- Maintenance Needs of the Smart Grid
Wrap-up – Smart Grid Training
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information