Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring Training:
Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring Training Course with Hands-on Exercises (Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live)
This 4-day Solarwinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring Training class takes an in-depth look at NPM, NCM, SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN, SRM, Custom SQL Alerts and Reports.
This Solarwinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring course is a comprehensive overview and detailed explanation of Solarwinds modules for the “Advanced Network” track. The Solarwinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring class is led by an SCP instructor with years of experience working on hundreds of unique Solarwinds environments for companies of all sizes.
SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management and Monitoring Training covers the following topics:
- SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management and Monitoring: Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management and Monitoring: Custom SQL Alerts and Reports
- SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management and Monitoring: SAM Architecture Best Practices
- SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management and Monitoring: Custom Script Component Monitors
- And more…
This Solarwinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring Training course covers NPM, SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN, SRM, as well as the SolarWinds Appstack views. The primary objective of this Solarwinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring course is to help aspirants evolve from basic up/down monitoring into a holistic end-to-end monitoring technique that allows organizations to pin-point the impact of performance issues or outages across complex application delivery environments.
Each of the products in the 201 course brings specific data necessary to fully map application delivery and allow administrators to visualize and monitor failures with fully mapped relationships so the impact of any single failure can be fully understood immediately.
- 4 days of SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring Training with an expert instructor
- SolarWinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management & Monitoring – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management & Monitoring – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- Solarwinds Orion 101: Introduction to Solarwinds Training
- SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training
- SolarWinds Orion 301: Automation and SDK Training
- Solarwinds Orion 302: Security Event Manager Training
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) Training
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Management Compliance (NCM) Training
- SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) Training
- Solarwinds Orion 303: Web Help Desk – Installation & Advanced Configuration Training
- We can adapt this Solarwinds Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring Course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management & Monitoring course:
- People who have a small networking team
- Individuals looks for SolarWinds
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring course are:
- Orion 101 not required, but this Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network course will not cover installation and basic overview of NPM and the Orion Platform
- Aspirant would highly benefit from a basic understanding of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages, but not required.
Upon completing this Solarwinds Orion 201: System Management and Monitoring course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Design/Implement network monitoring strategies
- NPM, NCM, NTA, IPAM, UDT, VNQM (IP SLA only),Custom SQL Alerts & Reports
Module Objectives: Students will perform NPM discovery in the context of application monitoring and mapping. They will get hands-on experience running network discovery scans.
Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
Orion Architecture Best Practices
- Primary Polling Engine
- Additional Polling Engines
- Additional Web Engines
- SQL Server
Discovery of Nodes in the Enterprise
Out-of-the-Box Monitoring vs. Custom Pollers
- Creation of Universal Device Pollers
- Creation of Custom Device Studio Pollers
Network Insight for F5 devices overview
Module Objectives: Students will see how to manipulate monitored objects directly in the Orion database while gaining an in-depth understanding of how to map all components of an application within an application delivery environment. Students will gain an understanding of how to monitor availability and performance, including identifying and setting thresholds for application performance.
Network Configuration Manager (NCM) & Server and Application Monitoring (SAM)
Initial Configuration of NCM
- Creating Customized Device Templates
- Creating Customized Configuration Change Templates
- Working with and Understanding Compliance
- Overview of Change Approval Process
SAM Architecture Best Practices
- Additional Polling Engines and Web Engines
- SQL Server
Discovery of Applications in the Enterprise
AppInsight Templates vs Standard Templates
- IIS, SQL, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange
Custom Script Component Monitors
- Create Custom PowerShell Script Monitors
Baselining and Thresholds for Application Alerts
Module Objectives: Students will learn the differences between AppInsight and custom template monitors, and deploy both AppInsight for SQL and DPA.
Database Performance Analyzer (DPA), Website Performance Monitor (WPM), Virtualization Manager (VMAN), Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), AppStack View, and Application Maps
- Initial Configuration of DPA
- Importing IPAM data best-practices and caveats
- Integration of DPA with Orion and SAM
- DPA Overview and Monitoring waits
- Blocks, Alerting & Reporting from the DPA Web Console
- Configuration of WPM
- Overview of WPM Capabilities
- User-Experience Monitoring Theories
- Alerting and Reporting with WPM data
- Initial Configuration of VMAN
- Integration of VMAN with Orion
- VMAN Management
- Alerting, and Reporting from the Orion Platform
- Configuration of SRM
- Alerting and Reporting with SRM data
- Using Orion Maps to Create Hybrid Application Maps for the Enterprise
- SolarWinds AppStack View Overview
Custom SQL Alerts and Reports
- Introduction to the Transact-SQL language and basic queries
- Introduction to the Orion SQL Database schema
- Custom SQL Reporting using both the Web Report Engine and the Orion Report Writer application
- Custom SQL Alerts using the Web Alert Engine
- Introduction to the SolarWinds Query Language (SWQL)
Solarwinds Orion 201 System Management & Monitoring Training – LABS:
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information