Tactical Data Link Training Overview Course description
This two day Tactical Data Link Training Overview course gives the student an overview of many of the current Tactical Data Links (TDLs) in use today. These include Link 1, Link 11, Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) / Multifunctional Distribution System (MIDS) Link 16, Link 22 and Variable Message Format (VMF) as well as many other TDL and Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) links. The optional second day gives an insight into planned improvements to existing TDLs, plus a look at future developments and projects.
Duration: 2 days
- DO-254 Training: Avionics Hardware
- DO-278A Training | Software Integrity Assurance
- EMC/EMI Training for Aerospace
- DO-178C Training In Depth
- DO-178 | DO-178C | DO-254 Training
- MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training
- MIL-1760 Training
- Introduction to DoDAF Training
- Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training
- JREAP Training | Joint Range Extension Applications Protocol
• If you are familiar with some aspects of Tactical Data Link Training Overview, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Tactical Data Link Training Overview course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Tactical Data Link Training Overview course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
<Tactical Data Link Training Overview – Objectives:
After completing this Tactical Data Link Training Overview course, attendees will be able to:
Introduction to Tactical Data Links (TDLs)
This course is primarily involved with the following TDLs:
• Link 1
• Link 11
• Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) / Multi-function Information Distribution System (MIDS)
• Link 22
• Variable Message Format (VMF)
• Various other TDLs and Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) links
• Improvements to existing TDL systems
• TDL future developments
It examines the following areas:
• The purpose of TDLs in C2 systems
• Basic concepts of TDL systems
• TDL documentation – STANAGs, ADatPs plus other documentation and operating guides
• Operating parameters, systems and capabilities of TDLs
• Concepts and systems that may be used in the future
• The Multi-Link Environment
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information