TETRA RF Network Planning Training:
TETRA RF Network Planning Training Course Hands-on (Online, Onsite, and Classroom Live!)
This is a two-day TETRA RF Network Planning Training course that is focused on carrying out RF and capacity planning for TETRA-based networks. The TETRA RF Network Planning course presents a methodology for creating a greenfield network starting with a flat earth approximation. As the first point in any major investment is the initial business plan, there must be a fusion of technical specification parameters with budgets. Having passed this point, more detailed planning can take place, based on a planning tool, propagation models, drive testing, etc.
- 2 days of TETRA RF Network Planning Training with an expert instructor
- TETRA RF Network Planning Electronic Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- If you are familiar with some aspects of TETRA RF Network Planning, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the TETRA RF Network Planning course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the TETRA RF Network Planning course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
After completing this TETRA RF Network Planning course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the goals of Radio Planning
- Refresh RF knowledge
- Receive an effective flat-earth strategy for initial estimating
- Be able to estimate TETRA capacity and the effect of DMO
- Appreciate the factors that TETRA network viability is sensitive to
- Gain knowledge of RF tools in general and one tool in particular.
TETRA RF Network Planning Training – Course Syllabus:
Introduction to the Design Process
- Aims of the Process
- Flat Earth Modelling
- RF Planning and Tools
- Link Budgets
- RF Refresher.
- Propagation Models
- The Power Law
- Impact of DMO
- Special Configurations
- Ground to Air/Air to Ground
- Air based Base Stations
- Mobile military units away from base sites
Step 1. Is the Network Viable?
- Basic Assumptions
- Simple and Complex Models
- Planning for Capacity and/or Coverage
- Nominal Cell Size
Step 2. RF Planning
- Gathering the Data and Databases
- RF Studies
- The Importance of the Propagation Model
- Using a Planning Tool
- Facilities in Modern Tools
- Worked Example
Site Acquisition and Selection
- Mast Options
- Nominal Areas for Sites
- Feedback Loop
- The Drivemobile
TETRA RF Network Planning Course Wrap-up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information