WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training:
WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training Course (Online, Onsite, and Classroom Live!)
In this WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course, you will study the planning and dimensioning of WCDMA/HSPA networks in all their complexity.
We will start with a quick review of the workings of a UMTS network (both WCDMA/HSPA and core part) and follow through with a thorough discussion of capacity (considering both the uplink/downlink traffic for the various services), coverage (including power budgets calculations, margins, and losses on antennae and air interface), cell planning (power planning and code planning) and dimensioning.
We will also review the WCDMA performance statistics (counters description, KPIs), performance recording, and performance event handling. The course includes hands-on exercises.
The planning and dimensioning of WCDMA/HSPA networks based on capacity, coverage, and service considerations is not something that can be boiled down to a few simple rules of thumb. For one, WCDMA/HSPA networks provide different services to different customer requirements.
But different services impose different capacity requirements on the air interface (link budgets, maximum cell capacity, codes, and bandwidth), on the transport network (ATM or IP bandwidth), and on the core network (MSC servers and MGWs). Finally, different capacity requirements have different coverage implications. Good planning/dimensioning and pre-/post-launch optimization are key to successful network deployment and operability.
- 5 days of WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training with an expert instructor
- WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning – https://www.wiley.com/
- WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning – https://www.amazon.com/
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
Introduction to the Technology and Planning/Dimensioning Principles
- An overview of WCDMA
- CN (Core Networks) architecture
- An overview of HSPA
- Radio network dimensioning principles
- Capacity planning requirements
- Coverage planning requirements
Service Approach: Dimensioning Considerations
- WCDMA traffic profiles
- Services requirements
- CS dimensioning principles
- PS dimensioning principles
- Ec/No considerations: Maximum cell load considerations
- Power control principles
- Uplink and downlink dimensioning
- Transmission models
- Transmission losses
- Link budget margins and antennae gains
- Uplink link budget dimensioning
- Downlink link budget dimensioning
- Assignment to other cells
- Intracell handover
- Cell load sharing
- OL/UL subcells
Cell Planning Principles
- WCDMA cell planning
- CDMA code planning
- WCDMA power planning (setting the thresholds)
- Handover planning (setting appropriate event triggering Thresholds)
Coverage Expansion Techniques
- Capacity expansion
- Power tuning
- Cell splitting
- Network reconfiguration
- Repeater techniques
- Bandwidth expansion
- Interference sources (adjacent channel and outer source)
- Interference degradation of service
- Suppressing interference
- Accessibility KPI definitions
- Retainability KPI definitions
- Service integrity KPI definition
- RNC-UE measurements (BLER, Power)
- Performance event handling
- Course Recap and Discussion
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information