WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training Course hands-on Exercises
In this WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course, you will study the planning and dimensioning of WCDMA/HSPA networks in all its complexity.
We will start with a quick review of the workings of a UMTS network (both WCDMA/HSPA and core part) and follow through with a thorough discussion of capacity (considering both the uplink/downlink traffic for the various services), coverage (including power budgets calculations, margins and losses on antennae and air interface), cell planning (power planning and code planning) and dimensioning.
We will also review the WCDMA performance statistics (counters description, KPI’s), performance recording, and performance event handling. The course includes hands-on exercises.
The planning and dimensioning of WCDMA/HSPA networks based on capacity, coverage, and service considerations is not something that can be boiled down to a few simple rules of thumb. For one, WCDMA/HSPA networks provide different services to different customer requirements.
But different services impose different capacity requirements on the air interface (link budgets, maximum cell capacity, codes and bandwidth), on the transport network (ATM or IP bandwidth), and on the core network (MSC servers and MGWs). Finally different capacity requirements have different coverage implications. Good planning/dimensioning and pre-/post-launch optimization are key to successful network deployment and operability.
Duration: 5 days
- Optical Networking Training
- Advanced Optical Networking Training
- Optical Transport Networks Training
- GPON Training | Gigabit Passive Optical Networking Training
- SONET SDH Training | Technology and Design
- SONET SDH Advanced Training
- WCDMA Fundamentals Training
- WCDMA Network Planning Training
- WCDMA | HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
After completing this WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training course, attendees will be able to:
WCDMA and HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training – Course Outline:
Introduction to the Technology and Planning/Dimensioning Principles
An overview of WCDMA
CN (Core Networks) architecture
An overview of HSPA
Radio network dimensioning principles
Capacity planning requirements
Coverage planning requirements
Service Approach: Dimensioning Considerations
WCDMA traffic profiles
CS dimensioning principles
PS dimensioning principles
Ec/No considerations: Maximum cell load considerations
Power control principles
Uplink and downlink dimensioning
Link budget margins and antennae gains
Uplink link budget dimensioning
Downlink link budget dimensioning
Assignment to other cells
Cell load sharing
Cell Planning Principles
WCDMA cell planning
CDMA code planning
WCDMA power planning (setting the thresholds)
Handover planning (setting appropriate event triggering Thresholds)
Coverage Expansion Techniques
Interference sources (adjacent channel and outer source)
Interference degradation of service
Accessibility KPI definitions
Retainability KPI definitions
Service integrity KPI definition
RNC-UE measurements (BLER, Power)
Performance event handling
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information