WCDMA Network Planning Training Course Hands-on
This WCDMA Network Planning Training course provides an overview of the WCDMA system, as defined in the 3GPP Release 99 specifications for the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS).
The WCDMA Network Planning Training course begins with an overview of WCDMA and UMTS concepts, including spectrum allocations, network topology, protocol stack, and channel mappings. It then describes the procedures of the Access Stratum protocol layers, covering the Radio Resource Control, Radio Link Control, and Medium Access Control layers.
Next, physical layer transmit procedures are covered, as well as procedures for acquisition, random access, paging, measurements, power control, and transmit diversity. The WCDMA Network Planning Training course concludes with discussion of handover and cell reselection procedures, security features, and call setup procedures for packet-switched and circuit-switched calls.
WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) is the radio access scheme used for third generation cellular systems that are being rolled out in various parts of the globe. The 3G systems to support wideband services like high-speed Internet access, video and high quality image transmission with the same quality as the fixed networks. In WCDMA systems the CDMA air interface is combined with GSM based networks. The WCDMA standard was evolved through the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) which aims to ensure interoperability between different 3G networks.
Duration: 2-3 days
- SONET SDH Training | Technology and Design
- SONET SDH Advanced Training
- WCDMA Fundamentals Training
- WCDMA Network Planning Training
- WCDMA | HSPA Planning and Dimensioning Training
- WCDMA | GSM Interoperability Tunining Training
- WCDMA | UMTS | CDMA2000 Technology and Security Training
- 3G | WCDMA | CDMA2000 Training in Depth
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this WCDMA Network Planning Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the WCDMA Network Planning Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the WCDMA Network Planning Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
After completing this WCDMA Network Planning Training course, attendees will be able to:
WCDMA Network Planning Training – Course Outlines:
◾Optimization life cycle
◾UMTS releases and features
◾WCDMA coverage estimation & definition
◾Ec, Eb, Io, No, Nt, and the like
◾Uplink link budget
◾Uplink coverage plot examples
◾Downlink link budget
◾Downlink coverage plot examples
◾COST 231 propagation models
◾Propagation model tuning
◾General traffic engineering
◾Uplink WCDMA capacity
◾Network planning tools
◾Network coverage simulations
◾Performance estimation plots
◾Impact of SHO
◾Hard handover considerations
◾Cell reselection and HO
◾Scrambling Code (SC) planning
◾Neighbor cell list planning
◾Antenna and antenna near parts
◾Hierarchical Cell Structure (HCS)
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information